From James Beard and IACP awards for outstanding achievements in the industry to media honors including Peabody Awards, Emmys and more, ICE alumni are regularly named among the most influential leaders in food. Most recently:
- Several ICE alumni won James Beard Foundation Awards in 2018. The list includes:
- Missy Robbins of Lilia in Brooklyn; Best Chef: New York City
- Stacy Adimando, author of “Nopalito”; Best International Book
- Vivian Howard, author of Black Bean-Glazed Salmon with Ginger Cabbage recipe on pannacooking.com; Best Video Webcast
- In 2018, Gail Simmons (Culinary ‘99) emceed the International Association of Culinary Professionals Awards. Stacy Adimando (Culinary '10) of Saveur brought home the award for Instructional Writing on Food or Beverage with Recipes for her Saveur piece, "Masa Appeal," while Clare Langan (Culinary '11) accepted the award on behalf of the team behind the FYI Network series, "Scraps". Other nominees included Emily Peterson (Culinary/Management '09) for her Edible Philly personal essay on scrapple, "Mystery Meat," and Gail Simmons (Culinary ’99) for her latest book, "Bringing It Home: Favorite Recipes from a Life of Adventurous Eating".
- Adrienne Cheatham (Culinary '07) made it to the final elimination challenge of the 2018 season of "Top Chef".
- The Diner Bar at The Grey, with chef/partner Mashama Bailey (Culinary '01) at the helm, was named one of the 2018 Best Bars in America by Esquire Magazine.
- In 2017, Greta Anthony (Culinary Arts ’95) took home a James Beard Media Award-Video Webcast, Fixed Location and/or Instructional for her role as producer of Kitchen Conundrums with Thomas Joseph, which airs on marthastewart.com. Other finalists included Missy Robbins (Culinary Arts '95) of Lilia for Best Chef: New York City; Rachel Yang (Culinary Arts '01) of Joule for Best Chef: Northwest; Vivian Howard (Culinary Arts '03) for "Deep Run Roots: Stories and Recipes from My Corner of the South" in the American Cooking cookbook category.
- In 2016, Culinary Arts graduate Vivian Howard won the James Beard Award for "Outstanding Food Personality or Host" for her PBS series, A Chef's Life. In 2014, Vivian became the first graduate in our history to receive a prestigious Peabody Award for the same.
- Two ICE alumni were named among StarChefs elite list of 2015 NYC “Rising Stars”: Mina Pizarro, Pastry Chef at Juni, and Ann Redding, Chef/Co-Owner of Uncle Boons.
- Culinary Arts and Restaurant & Culinary Management alumni Georgianna Hiliadaki and Nikos Roussos received two Michelin stars in 2014 for their restaurant, The Funky Gourmet, in Athens, Greece—ranking them as one of only two 2-star establishments in the country.
This is only a snapshot of our graduates’ accomplishments. Visit our Alumni News page for an updated list of our graduates’ most recent accomplishments.