Last updated April 12, 2018
- Types of Information We Collect
We collect both "Personal Information" and "Anonymous Information" about our users. Personal Information is information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name and email address, as well as information that is linked to such information. "Anonymous Information" is information that cannot be used to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Website, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
Website visitors can browse and access a majority of the Website without disclosing Personal Information, although, as noted, we may still passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address, browser information and/or unique device identifier (“UDID”).
- Voluntarily submitted information
- We collect and process information that you provide to us during your use of the Website, including without limitation, when you apply to ICE or update a previously filed application, sign up for job listings emails, post a job, request information about our programs, pay your tuition online, sign up for a recreational cooking or baking class and when you elect to “Chat live” or text with an admissions representative, as well as when you enter a scholarship challenge or contest. Personal Information that you provide, and that we collect, during the course of the above includes without limitation, your name, street address, email address, phone number and payment information.
- Information collected via technology
- We collect information from your use of the Website, including without limitation, your hardware model, browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device settings and the websites you visit both before and after navigating to our Website. If you are using a mobile device, ICE may also receive your UDID, or another unique identifier, and mobile operating system. We may correlate this information with other Personal Information we have about you. We may also use tools such as cookies and pixels n to gather information such as the date and time you used the Website and the information for which you searched and accessed, and may engage third parties to gather this information as well. A “Cookie” is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on your computer while you are browsing such website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following web browser help file directions. A “Pixel” is a snippet of code that collects information about a visitor’s behavior on a website, and then sends the information back to the originating platform to be processed and reported.
- We use third party services, such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Pixel, DoubleClick and Twitter Conversion Tracking, to track and analyze online behavior of our Users. These services may help inform, optimize, target and serve ads based your visits to our Website. We do this to better understand how you use the Website and Service, with a view to offering improvements for all Users, and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please download and install the browser plugin at . Users can also opt out of third party interest based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s deactivation website at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- When you interact with ICE through social media networks, such as when you follow us, share content or contact us through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat or other sites, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with the social media account, friends list, and any other information you permit the social media network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network in question.
- How We Use Your Information
- Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following representative purposes:
- Send communications, including requested information on career training and professional development programs, as well as administrative emails
- Process your school application, online tuition payment, special event request and/or enrollment in a recreational cooking or baking class
- Review and process your submissions to promotions, scholarship challenges and contests
- Communicate with and/or respond to you when you elect to “Chat live” or text with an admissions representative
- Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Website
- Send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and interactions with the Website
- Processing services, maintaining user accounts, resolving disputes, preventing and identifying fraud and verifying your identity
- Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information for the following representative purposes:
- Perform internal operations on the Website
- Improve the Website and customize the user experience, such as by providing targeted useful features and promotions based on the type of services you seek
- Aggregate information collected via Cookies, Pixels and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends and analyze patterns on the Website
c. Both Personal Information and Anonymous Information
We may use a combination of Personal Information and Anonymous Information that we collect to target and measure the performance of advertisements to Users both on and off of the Website on our own and through different ad networks and exchanges, using the following data, whether separately or combined: (i) data from advertising technologies such as Cookies, Pixels, web beacons, ad tags and device identifiers; (ii) User-provided information; (iii) data from your use of the Website; (iv) information from others (e.g., advertising partners, publishers and data aggregators); and (v) social media platforms.
- How We Share and Disclose Information
In addition to using the information collected by us for the purposes described in Section 2 above, we may also share your information as described below. Please review our sharing policy closely, especially with respect to your Personal Information.
- Service Providers and Contest Partners
- Aggregated Anonymous Information
Aggregated anonymous information is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other users (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information, such as ad impressions and click-through rates, with third parties.
- Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
We may disclose information we have collected about you if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend ICE’s, or a third party’s, rights or property.
- Business Transactions
- Your Choices
- Updating Your Personal Information
You may revise your Personal Information by contacting us directly at . However, please note that we may be required to maintain certain Personal Information, or to maintain certain Personal Information for a period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud detection or similar purposes. Note that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot compel the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
This Website is not directed or intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Website is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who advises that they are under the age of 13. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a User is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our systems. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete and remove such information from our system.
- Security and Data Retention
- California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to that individual, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, California residents can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Us