Connie Elick, M.S. R.D. brings her knowledge of nutrition and food science to the Institute of Culinary Education.
After getting her start the culinary industry as a host and server, Connie decided to taker love for nutrition further by pursuing a degree in Foods & Nutrition at California State Polytechnic University, specifically with a focus in dietetics. While earning her bachelor's degree, Connie volunteered at the AIDS Project Los Angeles. After graduating, she continued her charitable work as a nutrition volunteer at the Healthbridge Children’s Hospital.
Connie continued her education, earning her a master's degree in Nutrition & Food Science from California State Polytechnic University in 2021. Since then, she has become a registered dietician and teaches courses as an associate instructor at California State Polytechnic University and at ICE.
Connie is also active on social media, where she shares tips and leads group sessions on various nutrition-related topics. Find her at @elicknutrition.
- Teaching Associate Instructor, California State Polytechnic University
- School Site Council Member, Foothill Elementary School
- Nutrition Volunteer, Healthbridge Children’s Hospital
- Nutrition Volunteer, AIDS Project Los Angeles
- Master of Science in Agriculture: Nutrition & Food Science — California State Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Science in Foods & Nutrition — California State Polytechnic University
- Certificate of Completion for Supervised Practice as Dietetic Intern — Nutrition Ink Dietetic Internship Program