JOB TITLE: Recreational Lead Instructor / Recipe Editor
REPORTS TO: Director of School of Recreational Cooking
DATE: September 2017
The Institute of Culinary Education runs the largest and broadest hands-on recreational cooking program in America. Founded in 1975, this program has helped define what a modern cooking school could, and should be. The program draws customers from around the nation and world, and has won multiple IACP awards for excellence. Reporting directly to the Director of the School of Recreational Cooking, the Recreational Lead Instructor / Recipe Editor is intimately involved in the broad range of management, planning, scheduling, recipe writing/editing and instruction of classes that are required to run the program.
Specific Job Responsibilities Include:
• Set and maintain the overall standards for the program
• Daily monitoring/supervision of Recreational Classes
• Instructor recruitment, hiring, and supervision
• Staying current with industry trends in order to determine/develop new classes
• Lead recreational class development, menu creation, recipe testing and costing
• Collaborate in the analysis and scheduling of recreational classes
• Establish and maintain working relationships with NYC chefs and restaurants for new and continued recreational class offerings
• Periodic responsibilities serving as ambassador for VIP chefs / special events
• Teach recreational classes, including nights and weekends
You also may be assigned additional duties/responsibilities by ICE.
BACKGROUND & SKILLS:
• Culinary/Pastry diploma and/or some form of formal Culinary Education
• Minimum of 7 years culinary experience, preferably with management and administrative experience
• Minimum of 5 years recipe editing and writing
• True and demonstrated passion for multiple dimensions of the culinary universe
• Previous teaching experience preferred
• Proficiency in both culinary and pastry a plus
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required
• Highly organized, detail oriented and proficient at multi-tasking
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Flexibility to work nights and weekends
• Existing contacts in the NYC culinary community is a plus!
• Commensurate with experience
• Attractive benefits package with health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401k participation
• Free recreational cooking, baking and wine education classes
• Opportunity to take the award-winning Career Training Programs at ICE
• Please send letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has become the nation’s leading independent culinary school and one of America’s leading centers for culinary education. ICE offers award-winning career training programs and operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine program, offering over 2,000 classes to 26,000 students annually. The school’s events division hosts over 500 special events annually to over 20,000 guests. Our unparalleled, new 74,000-square-foot facility is located at 225 Liberty Street and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.