Social Media Manager
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is seeking a Social Media Manager to help implement our content-driven social media strategy. ICE is one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and the largest culinary school in New York City and Los Angeles. We are passionate about helping students of all ages and backgrounds pursue their culinary career dreams.
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager who knows how to engage audiences and has an eye for capturing compelling creative through storytelling, photography and videography. If you enjoy immersing yourself in all facets of the culinary world (people, places, ingredients, photography, and the business of food and hospitality) as much as you enjoy staying abreast of social trends and landscape changes, this is the role for you.
The Social Media Manager is a key member of the marketing team and reports to the Content Manager based in our Los Angeles Campus and works closely with our Senior Social Media Manager based in our New York City campus. We support and reward creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun — and eat well — in the process!
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Work alongside the Content Manager and Senior Social Media Manager to help strategize the distribution of ICE content, raise awareness of school programs and events, and drive community engagement.
• Create and post content (including live) across relevant platforms according to the cadence outlined in the social media calendar.
• Celebrate food, school programs, events, faculty, students, alumni and industry partners through thumb-stopping video and photography in a tone of voice that aligns with the brand and the platform.
• Keep abreast of the latest food, hospitality and social media trends to maximize ICE’s impact on the social landscape and continue its rapid growth.
• Shoot and edit event videos.
• Share responsibility for community management across ICE’s social media channels with ICE’s Senior Social Media Manager.
• Sort and organize content as it is captured with an eye for quality.
Experience and Educational Requirements
• Degree in social media marketing, or a degree and a demonstrated success in social media marketing.
• Experience in Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin and TikTok.
• Ability to communicate effectively, creatively and clearly, and customize your posts and tone to each social platform.
• Organized and self-motivated, with strong organizational and time-management skills; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
• Solution-oriented, natural problem solver that can manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and have a sharp attention to detail.
• Photography, videography, Lightroom and/or Photoshop editing skills.
Email email@example.com the following three items with the subject: Social Media Manager.
- Cover letter with your salary expectations
- Portfolio that clearly demonstrates your experience, skillset and tangible results with a brand’s voice and original creative
Only applicants who meet the position’s requirements and provide the three above items will be considered.
Please do not submit your resume if you do not live within a commutable distance of the LA area.
During onboarding, this position is full-time in the office. After six months, hybrid WFH options are available.
Thank you, but no agency solicitations, please.
About the Institute of Culinary Education
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Plant-Based Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hospitality & Hotel Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine program. Our alumni run top kitchens around the globe, winning awards and transforming the future of culinary innovation. Ninety-two percent report that their ICE education has proved somewhat or very important to their careers.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal-opportunity employer.