Social Media Manager
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is looking for a full-time Social Media Manager to implement its social media strategy. You’ll be responsible for creating and distributing diverse content across platforms and driving the social conversation for the award-winning, independently owned culinary school - one that is a pillar of the New York City and Los Angeles food communities.
If you enjoy immersing yourself in all facets of the culinary world (people, places, ingredients, photography, and the business of food and hospitality) as much as you enjoy staying abreast of social trends and landscape changes, this is the role for you. We’re looking for someone who knows how to leverage a variety of social marketing tactics to engage audiences and has an eye for capturing compelling creative with photography and videography.
The Social Media Manager reports to the Content Director and is a key member of the marketing team. We support and reward creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun, and eat well, in the process!
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Work alongside the Content Director to develop social media tactics for distributing ICE content, raising awareness of school programs and events, and driving community engagement.
- Create and manage the social media content calendar, with input from the Content Director and Public Relations Director, to ensure our social presence aligns with the larger marketing and communications stragegy.
- Create and post content (including live) across social platforms according to the cadence outlined in the social calendar.
- Celebrate food, school programs, events, faculty, students, alumni and industry partners through thumb-stopping video, photography and a tone of voice that aligns with the brand and the platform.
- Keep abreast of the latest food, hospitality and social media trends to maximize ICE’s impact on the social landscape and continue its rapid growth.
- Nurture our community of followers by encouraging dialogue and answering questions, in a timely manner and in the voice of the brand. Also track comments to identify trends that may help shape the social strategy, and larger marketing strategy.
- Track quantitative metrics to identify what’s working and what’s not, with the goal of recommending opportunities for improvement.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Degree in a related field or a degree and a demonstrated success in the field.
- 2+ years of experience managing social media or relevant, digital marketing experience across social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Hands-on knowledge of organic social media and reporting. Knowledge and experience with paid social (advertising) is a strong plus.
- Experience using social media management and analytical tools (Sprinkler, Hootsuite or the like) for listening, scheduling, engaging and reporting.
- Data-driven and creative, with a desire to understand the “why” behind your results and a knack for crafting thumb-stopping social content.
- Ability to communicate effectively, creatively and clearly, and customize your posts and tone to each social platform.
- Organized and self-motivated, with strong organizational and time-management skills; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Solution-oriented, natural problem solver that can manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and have a sharp attention to detail.
- A keen eye for copy and design.
- Photography, videography, Lightroom and/or Photoshop editing skills a strong plus.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following three items with the subject: Social Media Manager.
- Cover letter with your salary expectations
- Portfolio that clearly demonstrates your experience, skillset and tangible results with a brand’s voice and original creative
- Please do not apply directly through job boards, mass resume submissions will not be considered.
- Only applicants that meet the position’s requirements and provide the above three items will be considered.
- Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the NYC area.
- We appreciate the interest, but phone or walk-in applications will not be accepted.
- Thank you, but no agency or recruiter solicitations.
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking, the Art of Cake Decorating and Professional Beverage Studies — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
ICE is an Equal Opportunity Employer