REQUISITION: ICE # 0084
REPORTS TO: Director of Culinary Event Sales
The Manager of Special Events will be responsible for managing the logistics of ICE events, both private and internal, providing exceptional service, and ensuring that the highest quality experience is consistently delivered to clients.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiate contact with clients to obtain event specifics; including, but not limited to, event flow, menu planning, special dietary needs, room set-up, and audiovisual requirements
• Oversee events ensuring the satisfaction of clients; troubleshoot last minute client requests
• Upsell food and beverage, retail products and services
• Process final invoice charges in a timely manner
• Assist Director of Culinary Event Sales with sales efforts, as time permits
• Timely completion and distribution of Banquet Event Orders, pop-up events, and last minute changes
• Attend and communicate details of all events to pertinent parties in weekly Banquet Event Order Meeting
• Liaise with all departments to ensure smooth operation of events
• Liaise with external vendors for special requests, as needed; including but not limited to audio-visual equipment, furniture rental, and floral
• Ensure accuracy of lobby signage for special events
• Administrative support, as needed; including but not limited to client recipe and menu packets, and filing
• Maintain special event inventory; such as beverages, linens, china, glassware, flatware, etc…
• Perform special projects as per requested by Director of Culinary Event Sales
• Assist Director with seasonal menu changes
• Brief event staff on event details by clarifying details, answering any questions that arise, and review Banquet Event Order at the Captain’s arrival
• Oversight of CA’s and Wait staff during events
• Source Chef(s) for all events
• Report on productivity on a weekly basis
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Associates Degree required
• Minimum of 2 years related experience in a high volume customer service environment; food service, hospitality preferred
• Minimum of one year of experience directly or indirectly managing staff with proven ability to motivate staff
• Proficient with computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database/CRM systems
• Demonstrated successful performance in managing all interactions with a sense of calm, patience, engaging and outgoing demeanor.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility with schedule; ability to work evenings and select weekends when the nature of the event deems necessary
• Demonstrated ability to work with discretion within a confidential environment.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with all departments at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, work independently, and within a team, with a sense of urgency, timely and accurately.
• A strong interest in food and cooking preferred.
Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, in the subject line please include ‘Attention Chef Assistant’
No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our sprawling 74,000 square foot campus is located inside Brookfield Place at 225 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.