In 2012, The New York Times said Chef Kieren was "probably the current champion" of New York City's great bakers thanks to her creations at Andrew Carmellini's The Dutch in SoHo — especially her pies. Now she's at ICE dispelling her years of wisdom to students.
Chef Kierin studied pastry at the International Culinary Center and would later teach pastry at the school. She got her professional start at the now-shuttered Michelin-starred Café Boulud and was pastry chef at The Dutch until 2014 when she left for Locanda Verde, another Carmellini establishment. There she also redesigned the amenities program for the Greenwich Hotel.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University
- Grand Diplôme in Classic Pastry Arts, International Culinary Center
- Lead Pastry Chef Instructor, International Culinary Center, 2017-2020
- Pastry Chef, Locanda Verde, 2014-216
- Pastry Chef, The Dutch, 2011-2014
- Pastry Sous Chef, Locanda Verde, 2009-2011
- Pastry Pastry Chef, A Voce, 2007-2008
- Pastry Cook, Café Boulud, 2005-2007
- Black and White Photographic Lab Technician, PDK Labs, 2001-2005
- NY State Private Career School Teacher, Full License
- ServSafe Manager Certification
- New York City Food Handler’s License
- Penn State 2015 Ice Cream Short Course Certificate