Jürgen David is a classically trained pastry chef, confectioner and educator with more than 25 years of experience in classrooms, catering, restaurants, bakeries and confectionaries. He was trained in Vienna, Austria.
In 1997, Chef Jürgen came to the U.S. and joined the International Culinary Center, first as a pastry chef-instructor and then as an associate director, where he was instrumental in developing and implementing the 300-hour cake techniques and design course.
Chef Jürgen is fluent in English and German, holds multiple certifications in education, food safety and pastry, and has made appearances on shows, including Bravo's "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and Marvel Studios' YouTube series "Make it Marvel."
- “Patisserie” of the Society of Viennese Hoteliers, 1994
- Pastry Arts Associate Director and Chef-Instructor, International Culinary Center (French Culinary Institute), 1997-2020
- Pastry Chef, Kvikne's Hotel, 1996
- Confectioner, Confiserie Himmel, 1996
- Pastry Cook, Do&CO Pastryservice and Catering, 1995-1996
- Demi-Chef de Patisserie, Hotel Sacher, 1994-1995
- Confectioner, Konditorei Rudolf Groissböck, 1994
- Confectioner Apprentice, Stephan Szabo K.G., 1990-1993
- Certified Apprentice Confectioner, Stephen Szabo K.G., 1993
- Certified Confectioner, Viennese Commission of Confectioners, 1993
- Licensed Private Career School Teacher certificate, The University of the State of New York – The State Education Department
- HACCP/ServSafe Food Handler Certificate
- The City of New York Department of Health Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene