At ICE, I was exposed to a huge variety of restaurants and it helped me get my feet in the industry, but it has also helped me build an incredible network. It’s a great source of inspiration and support.
Jamie Tiampo worked for years in enterprise software and as a technology executive at IBM, but followed his passion for food and photography to a culinary career as a food media specialist. Now, he is a food photographer, video producer and small business owner. Jamie has worked in all kinds of food media, photographing top-selling cookbooks and filming culinary events such as the James Beard Awards for his website EatTV. His company, SeeFood Media, operates a studio with eight kitchens designed for film production. He is also a partner in dell’anima, L'Apicio and L’Artusi restaurants.
Today, the kitchen studios he personally designed serve clients such as Unilever, the Food Network and Condé Nast. Yet the needs of those clients are rapidly changing. “If there was one thing I learned from living through the first dot-com bubble, it was that nothing is sacred. SeeFood Media started in an era of big TV cooking shows with custom sets in gigantic studios. Yet we’ve witnessed—and benefitted from—an evolution where food brands have realized they can also leverage digital video, and hire us to script, produce and edit extremely high quality videos which speak directly to their consumers,” Jamie explains. “What drives our business is bandwidth. Today, people can watch a video on their phone while they walk down the sidewalk. For brands, that means video content can reach an audience anytime, anywhere.”
- Institute of Culinary Education, Culinary Management, 2006
Awards and Honors
- Telly Award, Bronze, Online Promotional Piece (Desserts with Dorie Grenspan), 2015
- Telly Award, Silver, Branded Content (Driscoll's DIY Raspberry Tart), 2015
- Telly Awards, Silver, Online Program & Commercial Campaign (Knorr Web Series), 2014
- James Beard Award, Online Video (EatTV with Jamie Tiampo), 2012
Affiliations & Memberships
- International Association of Culinary Professionals
- Food & Finance High School, Industry Advisory Board