"I'm here to coach and guide you."
Chef Shawn Matijevich started his culinary journey as a chef in the Navy for five years, cooking in massive 80-gallon steam-jacketed kettles and serving up comforting meals like chili mac and mashed potatoes to thousands of sailors at a time.
Since then, his cooking has been a bit more refined. After leaving the Navy he worked in fine dining around Washington, D.C. and Virginia. He was executive chef of The Restaurant at Four Eleven York in Norfolk, and held the same position at BLT Prime by David Burke in the nation’s capital.
He’s bringing all of that experience to ICE as Lead Chef for Online Culinary Arts & Food Operations. Still based in Virginia, he’ll be guiding students around the country through their remote culinary education.
“We’re providing great resources, demos and recipes," he says. "I'm here to coach and guide you."
- Culinary Department Faculty, Culinary Institute of Virginia/ECPI University, 2019-2021
- Executive Chef, The Restaurant at Four Eleven York, 2018-2019
- Executive Chef, BLT Prime by David Burke, 2017-2018
- Chef de Cuisine, Range by Bryan Voltaggio, 2016-2017
- Culinary Department Faculty, Art Institute of California, 2013-2016
- Culinary Arts Instructor, East San Diego County Career Technical Education, 2009-2012
- Bachelor of Science, Culinary Management, Art Institute of California-San Diego
- Associate of Science, Culinary Arts, Art Institute of California-San Diego
Awards and Honors
- 2014 Silver Medal, Sugar Showpiece, Robert Bland Culinary Salon, American Culinary Federation
- 2012 Bronze Medal, Sugar Showpiece Category D, American Culinary Federation
- 2011 Bronze Medal, United States Juenes Chef Far West Regional Championship, Chaine des Rotisseurs
Certifications and Professional Memberships
- Certified Executive Chef, American Culinary Federation
- Professional Member, Chaine des Rotisseurs
- Certified ServSafe Food Protection Manager, Instructor, and Registered Exam Proctor – National Restaurant Association