ICE reinforced into me the fundamentals of this industry, and with that serving as the backbone of everything I do, I am able to confidently move forward in my cooking.
By the end of Dan's time at Virginia Tech University, it was clear that he was interested in a career in food. He began working with Jean-Georges Vongerichten while enrolled at ICE. After graduation, he worked at the Food Network and went on to work as entrement at Mercer Kitchen and as chef de partie at Danny Meyer’s The Modern with Gabriel Kreuther. In 2006, Obusan joined Great Performances as the executive sous chef for a new venture and was promoted to executive chef in 2007. Eventually, Obusan joined the Great Performances’ main kitchen in 2008.
In November 2013, Obusan joined City Catering, Seattle's premier catering company, as executive chef. Two years later, he became a corporate chef and culinary program manager at Starbucks.
- Institute of Culinary Education, Culinary Arts, 2004
- Virginia Tech, Industrial and Organizational Psychology,
- Corporate chef, Starbucks, Seattle, 2016 to present
- Executive chef, The City Catering Company, Seattle, 2013-2015
- Chef de cuisine -- Restaurant Development, Giorgios Group, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2013-2014
- Chef de cuisine, Great Performances, New York, 2006-2013
- Chef de partie, Union Square Hospitality Group, New York, 2004-2006
- Line cook, Jean-Georges Management, New York, 2002-2004