CULINARY FUNDAMENTALS 1: KITCHEN ESSENTIALS
Every ICE's student's culinary career training program starts with a comprehensive introduction to knife skills and food safety. Afterward, you’ll use a range of methods for preparing vegetables, progressing from salads to complex plant-based cuisine. You will begin to explore the techniques that underlie fine cooking, including the concept of mise en place, that are critical in professional cooking environments.
- Classical and contemporary knife skills.
- Food safety and sanitation.
- Product identification of vegetables, herbs, spices, legumes and more.
- Breakfast cuisine and egg cookery including emulsions.
- Grilled Eggplant and Portobello Sandwich with Fresh Mozzarella and Romesco.
- Vegetarian Three-Bean Chili with Ancho and Sweet Chili Peppers.
- Curry-Garlic Roasted Cauliflower.