Housing Options for Immersion in New York City and Los Angeles
The homestays program offers furnished, private rooms in the home of a host family.
The families who participate in the homestay program not only provide lodging, but also understand the experience of being away from home in two of the most exciting cities in the world.
Host families are resources for local knowledge and can make your stay a cultured and enriching experience.
The furnished homestay option is for students who want to be immersed in the culture of New York City or Los Angeles by staying with a local resident. This is an ideal option for those who are on a budget or looking for a family-style stay (and not always the best option for those who are more independent or free-spirited). In the application form, students are invited to state their preferred location, family dynamic (with or without children), dietary restrictions, allergies, etc., so that a third party can match your preferences to a host family. However, we cannot guarantee that all preferences can be met.
Through the homestay program, lifelong friendships can be created. If you’re new to NYC or LA and want trustworthy guidance in your experience, this could be the right option for you.
- A private bedroom, complete with a bed, bedding, sheets and pillows
- Closet space, a desk and chair
- Fresh towels, blankets and linens upon arrival
- Access to a bathroom (including shower, sink and toilet) within the home
- Access to the kitchen facilities for light cooking as well as designated space in the refrigerator
- Breakfast served or made available at a time that is mutually convenient (such as coffee, tea or milk, or toast, jam and butter)
- High-speed internet access (upon request)
- Heat and electricity included
For more information about culinary school homestays and other student housing options in New York, please contact (888) 986-CHEF or NYhousing@ice.edu.
For more information about culinary school homestays and other student housing program in Los Angeles, please contact (888) 709-CHEF or LAhousing@ice.edu.
Homestays are not offered by ICE but are provided by independent third parties. Before you submit your Institute of Culinary Education Student Housing Form, please review the Housing Disclaimer .