Chef Emilie Berner, MA, is a chef, educator and integrative health coach. She developed the Online Plant-Based Culinary Arts & Food Operations program at ICE.
She earned a master’s degree in Food Studies from New York University, and for over a decade her career has focused on the intersection of food, education, and wellness with positions at The Edible Schoolyard, The Sylvia Center, and most recently leading the Teaching Kitchen at New York-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital. An interest in behavioral health led her to completing Duke’s Integrative Health Coaching program.
She’s been teaching at ICE since 2022 and leads the Mental Fitness Kitchen and coaching program at Dr. Drew Ramsey’s clinic. Chef Berner studied at Barnard College, where she received her BA in creative writing and psychology.
In her free time, she enjoys hiking, yoga, farmer’s markets, and learning jiu jitsu.
- Health Coach, Drew Ramsey MD Clinic
- Teaching Kitchen Chef & Coordinator, New York-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
- Lead Cook & Instructor, Bhagavat Life
- Culinary Director/Editor/Community Manager, Further Food
- Head Pastry Chef, Ellary's Greens
- Program Coordinator, Haven's Kitchen
- Chef-Instructor, Sylvia Center
- Chef, Omega Institute for Holistic Studies
- Teacher, The Edible Schoolyard Project
- Health Coaching Certification, Duke Integrative Health
- Master's Food Studies, New York University
- Chef's Training Program Certification, Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Barnard College
Awards & Honors
- Wasserman Internship Grant
- Hope For Youth Grant
- 914Inc. Wunderkinds Class of 2018 Award 30 Under 30