Brett Traussi has more than 30 years of experience leading food and beverage programs. He directed food and beverage at two hotels in New York and two Caribbean properties for the first 10 years of his career, including The New York Palace, where he opened Le Cirque 2000, the iconic restaurant's first relocation and expansion.
Brett became the chief operating officer for Chef Daniel Boulud's restaurants at The Dinex Group in 1998. After 20 years overseeing marketing, operations, and concept and project management for Dinex's 17 restaurants, Brett launched consulting firm foBT Hospitality, where he provides developers and operators with food and beverage expertise and project management, overseeing a team of experts in concepting, development, branding and construction of restaurants, cafés, nightlife and other venues.
Brett began instructing Restaurant & Culinary Management classes in 2021 after visiting ICE as a guest lecturer. He brings business expertise across catering, banquets, building and renovating, concept and menu development, branding, interior design, and of course, finance. He's operated Michelin and James Beard Award-winning restaurants, managed third-party reservation and review sites, and overseen large teams of leaders with extensive human resources experience.
- B.S., Hotel Administration, Cornell University
- Principal, foBT Hospitality, 2019-present
- COO, The Dinex Group, 1998-2019
- Director of Food and Beverage, The New York Palace, 1995-1998
- Director of Food and Beverage, Radisson Aruba Caribbean Resort and Casino, 1993-1995
- Director of Food and Beverage, Harbour Village Resort in Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands, 1991-1993
- Director of Food and Beverage, Omni Park Central in New York City, 1988-1991