"I have a strong passion for great food, outstanding service and preparing future generations of chefs to succeed in our industry."
Chef Scott Larson boasts more than 30 years of professional cooking and kitchen management experience with restaurants and high-volume catering. He is also a New York State licensed culinary educator who spent the last 11 years teaching at the International Culinary Center (ICC).
After graduating from the Culinary Institute of America in 1993, Chef Scott externed at Aureole, which began his extensive career in kitchens throughout New York, Pennsylvania and California. He also worked as a freelance chef at Union Square Events, executing events at prominent locations, including the New York Public Library, the Museum of Modern Art, Columbia University, and for Bon Appetite magazine.
During his time at ICC, Chef Scott taught students of all levels in the Culinary Arts program, as well as recreational classes on a wide variety of subjects, including knife skills, charcuterie, French classics and Italian cuisine. He also served as a special curriculum lecturer on food and wine pairing principals and sous vide cooking.
Chef Scott has a strong passion for great food, outstanding service and preparing future generations of chefs to succeed in our industry. He began teaching Culinary Arts at the Institute of Culinary Education in 2020.
- B.A. Occupational Studies, The Culinary Institute of America, 1993
- B.A. Liberal Arts, College of Staten Island, 1990
- Lead Chef Instructor, International Culinary Center, 2009-2020
- Freelance Event Chef, Union Square Events, 2008-2009
- Consultant/Executive Banquet Chef, Vanderbilt at South Beach, 2009
- Executive Chef, Baci Ristorante, 2006-2008
- Executive Chef, Tir na Nog, 2002-2006
- Executive Chef, Savannah Soul Food, 2001-2002
- Executive Chef, Ludwig's Garten, 1999-2001
- Chef Tournant/Sous Chef, Buddakan/The Continental, 1998-1999
- Event Sous Chef, Frog Commissary Catering, 1998-2000
- Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef, Coco Pazzo/Coco Pazzo Teatro, 1996-1998
- Chef Tournant, Acardia/The Lobster Club, 1995-1996
- Chef Tournant, Sign of the Dove, 1993-1995
- CIA Extern, Aureole, 1992
- Line/Catering Cook, The Elm Park Inn/Perfect Parties Catering/Pagano's Catering, 1998-1991
- New York State Teacher Training Coalition certificate
- New York City Department of Health Certificate in Food Production