Chef Sandra Palmer has a rich professional background and a rare blend of diverse strengths ranging from pastry arts to publishing. She is a natural teacher and mentor with more than 14 years in management, supervising projects and team members, and has experience developing, testing, writing and editing recipes for new companies and established businesses.
Sandra trained in ICE's Pastry & Baking Arts program and earned a bachelor of arts in English Literature from John Carroll University, launching her career as a proofreader and writer. Since then, she has held various editorial positions as well as pastry chef and kitchen manager roles. She began teaching Pastry & Baking Arts at the Institute of Culinary Education in 2020.
In her free time, Sandra enjoys reading about food science in "Cook’s Illustrated" and "Milk Street," knitting, pattern design, gyrotonic, swimming films and attending live theater.
- Pastry and Baking Arts Degree, Institute of Culinary Education
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship in English, John Carroll University
- B.A. English Literature, John Carroll University
- Pastry Chef and Kitchen Manager, One Girl Cookies, 2017-2020
- Publishing Consultant and Proofreader, Freelance, 2001-2020
- Kitchen Manager, Ella's Bellas Bakery, 2016-2017
- Pastry Chef and Kitchen Manager, Three Tarts, 2005-20016
- Editorial Assistant, Lachina Creative, 1997-2001
- Advertising Proofreader, NAS Recruitment Innovation, 1996
- Advertising Proofreader and Features Writer, Fauquier Times, 1991
- The George Washington University Publications Specialist Summer Institute certificate