Richard LaMarita has had a diverse culinary career. He was a chef-instructor at the Natural Gourmet Institute for 25 years. His specialties, along with vegetarian and vegan cooking, are Indian and Italian cuisines.
A graduate of the Institute of Culinary Education's Culinary Arts and Restaurant & Culinary Management programs, he has worked with numerous chefs in NYC, including Floyd Cardoz, Dan Kluger and Ben Pollinger. He has also worked for notable families as a private chef and private instructor in Manhattan and the Hamptons since 1995.
Richard has been a practitioner and teacher of Ayurveda, a science of life, health and balance, for 35 years. He has studied with Vedic and Ayurvedic master Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and has led seminars on Ayurvedic diet, cooking, yoga and meditation throughout the U.S., and in Europe and Asia.
Richard joined the Institute of Culinary Education in 2019, teaching Health-Supportive Culinary Arts career classes and leading recreational classes on Ayurvedic, Asian and vegan cuisines.
- Culinary Arts, Institute of Culinary Education, 2003
- Restaurant & Culinary Management, Institute of Culinary Education, 2004
- Maharishi Vedic University, United States and India
- Personal Ayurvedic Chef/Dietary Consultant, 1993 to present
- Instructor, Natural Gourmet Institute, 1994-2019
- Line Cook, Tabla Restaurant, 2004-2007
- Chef/Kitchen Manager, Kunsi Ashram, Uttarkashi, India, 2000-2001
- Co-Consultant, Long Island College Hospital, 1992-2002
- Guest Chef, Spa Deus, Chianciano Terme, Italy, 1995
- Chef, Maharishi College of Natural Law, Washington, D.C., 1980-1986