Tim Healea’s passion for baking has won him numerous awards and medals. A Washington State native, Healea moved to New York to work as a copy editor and editorial assistant after graduating from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University. He followed an interest in all things culinary to ICE. After ICE, he continued his training at the National Baking Center in Minneapolis. Healea has been on the West Coast since 1998, establishing his baking career at artisan Pearl Bakery, in Portland, OR. In 2008, he opened his own shop, Little T American Baker.
- Institute of Culinary Education, Culinary Arts, 1998
Awards and Honors
- Bread Bakers Guild Team USA, 2002
- Second Place, Coupe du Monde de la Boulangerie (World Cup of Baking)
- One of the nation's Top Culinary Professionals Under the Age of 35, Food & Wine, November 2004
- Bakery of the Year, The Oregonian, 2008