“Cook from your heart and you will never go wrong ... just cook.”
Chef Peter Lloyd George has more than 20 years of experience in culinary education, operations and management. He studied business administration at American Intercontinental University in Atlanta and has cooking certificates from the City and Guilds of London Institute and Waltham Forest College in London.
Chef Peter worked as a chef de cuisine at Rose Café, Snappers Restaurant and Epicurean Restaurant in London, banquet chef at Hyatt Regency in Waikiki, and chef at Chez Sateau in Los Angeles.
In 1991, he became the banquet chef and executive sous chef at DoubleTree Hotel Monrovia – Pasadena Area and in 1995, he transitioned to a sous chef position at Walt Disney Studios-Marriott-Burbank. The following year, he moved to DoubleTree Hotel – Orange County as an executive sous chef and in 1999, became executive chef at Sheraton Fairplex Hotel in Pomona, California.
In 2000, Chef Peter began teaching at Le Cordon Bleu in Los Angeles, where he was an executive chef instructor for 16 years. In 2018, he brings his teaching and hospitality experience to the Institute of Culinary Education’s Los Angeles campus.
“I truly believe that teaching is an art and what I teach has been passed on to me for the purpose of the art,” says Chef Peter. “It was never mine, so every opportunity I have to pass on what has been given to me is what I strive for. lCE has the commitment and dedication to pursuing this art form in the best possible way, changing lives with the same goals and passion that I also posses and share with those who listen.”
His advice for students: “Find and follow your passion, whatever it is, believe in it, embrace it and do whatever it takes to achieve it. See it as it’s already happened, always be a professional, find a mentor and never stop learning.”
- Senior Chef Instructor at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts – Los Angeles, 2000-2016
- Executive Chef at Sheraton Fairplex Hotel in Pomona, California, 1999-2000
- Executive Sous Chef at DoubleTree Hotel – Orange County, 1996-1999
- Sous Chef at Walt Disney Studios Marriott – Burbank, 1995-1996
- Banquet Chef and Executive Sous Chef at DoubleTree Hotel Monrovia – Pasadena Area, 1991-1995
Specialities/Areas of Interest
- High-level guest service
- Positive team engagement
- Menu planning and creation
- Food and labor cost controls
- State and company compliance
Awards and Honors
- Top performer and employee of the year at Doubletree, 1995
- Highest-rated instructor evaluation for the advanced culinary department, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts – Los Angeles
Affiliations & Memberships
- Member, American Culinary Federation
- Member, Association of Culinaire Francaise
- Certified, ServSafe
- Certified, Center for Excellence in Education (CEE)