From ICE to the James Beard Awards
Six ICE Alumni Named 2018 Semifinalists
The 2018 James Beard Awards Semifinalists have been announced and we’re thrilled to share that a number of ICE alumni were included on the list. Donned as the “Oscars” of the food world, the James Beard Awards are one of the highest honors for food and beverage professionals in the United States. They’re also an opportunity for the industry to take a moment to recognize the hard work and achievements of those who push the mold and continue to make America’s culinary environment the dynamic, inspiring place it is today.
Here are the ICE alums named 2018 James Beard Award Semifinalists:
- Zoe Nathan (Culinary, ’01), Rustic Canyon Group, Santa Monica, CA
Best Chef: NYC
- Missy Robbins (Culinary, ’95), Lilia, Brooklyn, NY
- Ann Redding (Culinary, ’02), Uncle Boons, New York, NY
Best Chef: Northwest
- Rachel Yang (Culinary, ’01), Joule, Seattle
Best Chef: Southeast
- Mashama Bailey (Culinary, ’01), The Grey, Savannah, GA
- Vivian Howard (Culinary, ’03), Chef & The Farmer, Kinston, NC
Honored by Association
We were excited to learn that Kismet, the casual all-day Los Angeles restaurant known for inventive, veggie-forward dishes, was named as a semifinalist in the Best New Restaurant category. ICE alum Meadow Ramsey (Pastry ’02), who previously led the kitchen at LA hotspot Sqrl, heads Kismet’s pastry kitchen. Her pastry kitchen prowess no doubt contributed to Kismet’s honor.
Launch your culinary or hospitality career with ICE. Learn more.