Chef Trung Vu studied culinary arts at Le Cordon Bleu in Hollywood, California, before launching his career at The Bazaar by Jose Andres at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills.
After moving to New York, he worked as a saute cook, garde manger and expo at Maloney & Porcelli in Midtown; a baker producing breads and developing menu items at The Standard Hotel in Meatpacking; and a pastry chef at David Burke fabrick in the Garment District. In 2015, he became the executive pastry chef at Upland, which has a plate designation in the Michelin Guide.
Chef Trung began teaching Pastry & Baking Arts at the Institute of Culinary Education in 2021.
- Executive Pastry Chef, Upland, 2015-2020
- Pastry Sous Chef, David Burke fabrick, 2014-2015
- Baker, The Standard High Line, 2011-2014
- Tournant, Maloney & Porcelli, 2010-2011
- Extern, The Bazaar by Jose Andres, 2010
- Culinary Diploma, Le Cordon Bleu California, 2010
- BA in Mass Communications, LSU, 2001