Joy Meyer has more than 15 years of restaurant management experience. She managed corporate training with Patina Group and was a private chef for Glenn Ballard before purchasing Vice Lounge in 2009. As a managing partner, Joy promoted NBA all-star weekend each year, increased sales and experienced special event sales, bar management, bookkeeping and human resources.
In 2015, she began general management with Racion in Old Town Pasadena, where she was immersed in Spanish cuisine and wine, and within a year she helped open Colette Pasadena in a similar GM role. Last year, Joy became the GM of Trejos Tacos, where she has increased weekly sales and created a tequila and mezcal training program. She brings extensive experience with annual budgeting and business plans, delivery sales, partnerships and promotions, employee incentive programs, inventory and forecasts to ICE's Restaurant & Culinary Management program.
Joy started instructing at the Institute of Culinary Education's Los Angeles campus in 2019.
- B.A., Fullerton College California
- A.A., Cypress College
- General Manager, Trejos Tacos Cantina, Pasadena, 2018 to present
- General Manager, Colette, Pasadena, 2015-2017
- General Manager, Racion, Pasadena, 2015-2016
- Managing Partner/Owner, Vice Lounge, Hollywood, 2009-2013
- Executive Chef, Glenn Ballard private residence, 2005-2009
- Training Manager, Patina Group, 2002-2005