"Never leave the classroom with an unclear mind: reflect on your successes and challenges every day."
Teaching and cooking are Chef Herve Guillard's passions and run in his family. Chef Guillard's parents owned a bakery in Saint Florent Le Vieil, France, and this was where he learned and perfected his baking and pastry skills, starting at a young age.
In his 20s, Chef Guillard had a non-culinary chapter, earning a master's degree in toxicology, which led to safety engineering positions at Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Animation Studios. In 1995, he moved to the United States to operate his own business as a private chef, and in 2000, began teaching culinary and pastry arts at Le Cordon Bleu in Los Angeles.
Chef Guillard returned to operating his own business, Culinary Wonders - Cooking Studio, full time in 2011, but his love of teaching never left. He started instructing culinary classes at the College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, California in 2013, then became department lead at the University of Antelope Valley in Lancaster, California, in 2016.
He joined the opening team at ICE's Los Angeles campus in 2018 and is very excited at the prospect of delivering education in an environment dedicated to high standards of excellence and student success.
- Department Lead, University Antelope Valley, 2016-2018
- Chef Instructor, College of the Canyons, 2013-2018
- Chef Instructor, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, 2013-2018
- Chef/Owner, Kitchen Wizards, 2011-2017
- Co-owner, Papillion LLC, 1997-1999
- Health & Safety Engineer, Walt Disney Animation Studio, 1995-1997
- Health & Safety Engineer, Disneyland Paris, 1993-1995
Specialities/Areas of Interest
- Pastry Arts
- Bread baking
- European pastries
Affiliations & Memberships
- Country Club Culinaire of Southern California
- Country Breads Baker Guild