Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America
Monday marked the celebration of the 21st annual Dessert Professional magazine "Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America" awards. From a reigning M.O.F. pâtissier (Meilleur Ouvrier de France–one of the most prestigious awards in the pastry realm) to the first female Executive Pastry Chef to grace the kitchens of Restaurant Daniel, the 2014 award winners represented an incredible range of technical skill and artistry.
Each year, ICE's own culinary and pastry students have the opportunity to work alongside these nationally recognized chefs—an incredible honor and learning experience. From eclairs and layered cakes to earthy free-form plates, the wide range of desserts represented the promising future of pastry in America.
The full list of 2014 winners:
- Georges Berger, MOF — Owner, Chocolate Fashion
- Ebow Dadzie — Pastry Chef, NY Marriott Marquis
- Della Gossett — Executive Pastry Chef, Spago
- Katzie Guy-Hamilton — F&B Director/Corporate Pastry Chef, Max Brenner
- Cher Harris — Executive Pastry Chef, The Hotel Hershey
- Joshua Johnson — Executive Pastry Chef, Vanille Patisserie
- Ghaya Oliveira — Executive Pastry Chef, Restaurant Daniel
- Derek Poirier — Ecole du Grand Chocolate Pastry Chef, Valrhona USA
- Rudi Weider — Master Pastry Chef, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- Jennifer Yee — Executive Pastry Chef, Lafayette