Making fresh pasta is really very easy. Simply knead together flour with eggs and olive oil. You can cut the pasta into any shape. Try simple linguine or fettuccini by cutting the pasta into strips. If you are feeling more ambitious, you can make your own ravioli or tortellini by filling the pasta with ricotta cheese. The options are endless!
- 6 ounces Italian 00 flour
- 6 1/2 ounces fine semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 fluid ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
Makes 15 ounces
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a stainless steel bowl.
- Pour the ingredients out of the bowl and form them into a mound on a clean, dry surface.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add the olive oil and the eggs to the well.
- Gently beat the olive oil and the eggs together with a fork to incorporate.
- Working from the center of the well, mix the flour into the egg and olive oil mixture.
- Bring the dough together with the help of a bench scraper.
- Knead the dough by hand for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic and rest in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll out the pasta dough into thin sheets using a pasta machine.
- Cut into desired shape.
- Cook the pasta in simmering, salted water until just cooked.
- Shock and drain the pasta.