Founded in 1989, the 14-restaurant group is dedicated to offering seasonal farm-fresh fare and extensive wine and spirits, along with caring, professional service, and excellent value. Dellar is a California native and grew up as a Hollywood kid doing commercials at a young age. His first start in business was with The Clorox Company as the Director of Marketing. During his time there, the company began a project with a restaurant group and this got him into the food scene. After a few years, he decided to “hold his nose and jump” into opening his own business. In addition to sharing his background with students at ICE, he offered a few important skills for any professional looking to start their own business.
- Meet as many people as you can and even with the form of today’s communication, try your best to meet in person or have a conversation on the phone. It means much more.
- Get involved in associations.
- Develop a personal business plan.
- Stay committed to your investors.
- Choose your partnerships wisely.
- Focus on your expertise.