Father’s Day Recipe
We all know one of the best ways to celebrate the world’s greatest dad is to fire up the grill.
ICE is offering grill-meister classes just in time for Father’s Day. Below is a sneak peek at a recipe from this sizzling series!
Grilled Pineapple "Foster"
Yield: Serves 4
This is a variation of flambéed Bananas Foster - one of New Orleans best desserts. Have all ingredients measured-out in advance (cover the brown sugar so that it doesn’t dry out), and you can prepare this tableside in minutes – and really wow your guests!
- ½ peeled, cored pineapple, cut into 3 or 4 lengths
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup Meyer’s dark rum
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream
- Grill the pineapple until tender over a medium-high grill. There should be well-caramelized grill marks.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks, and reserve. In a large skillet or flambé dish melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir slowly to make a smooth, thick sauce.
- Add the reserved pineapple and cook to heat through, basting occasionally 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the rum over medium-low heat. Carefully pour over the pineapple without stirring and ignite with a match.
- Slide the pan back and forth gently, stirring until the flames die.
Serve the pineapple and sauce over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. NOTE: if your flame should extinguish before most of the alcohol burns off, continue to cook for another minute or two to remove any harsh alcohol-bite. To sign dad up, click here.