ICE Welcomes the 40th Anniversary IACP Conference
“We’re excited that the 2018 IACP Conference is beginning today in New York City, and that so many Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) alumni are speakers and attendees,” said ICE President Rick Smilow, an IACP board member and presenter at Sunday’s award ceremony.
The list of ICE graduates included in this year’s conference include:
- Gail Simmons — Author, Top Chef judge
- Stacey Rivera— Digital content director, Meredith
- Stacy Adimando — Executive editor, Saveur
- Molly Adams — Senior food editor, Feedfeed
- Kristen Miglore — Creative director, Food52
- Sarah Copeland— NYC-based author, James Beard Award nominee, former food director, Real Simple
- Jody Eddy — IACP winning cookbook author, James Beard Award nominee
- Alison Tozzi Liu — Editorial director, James Beard Foundation
- Julie Hartigan — Recipe developer and content creator (Real Simple, Weight Watchers, etc.)
- Emily Peterson — ICE chef-instructor, IACP Award nominee
- Jamie Tiampo — Founder/owner, SeeFood Media
- David Bonom — Author, brand advocate
- Stacy Basko — Freelance recipe developer
The conference kicked off with a host of fun Friday activities, including several hands-on courses at ICE, including:
- Melissa Weller – How We Roll (Bagels, That Is)
- Michael Laiskonis — Artisan Chocolate University: Developing Flavor From Bean To Bar
- Lior Lev Sercarz — Blending with Spice Whisperer Lior Lev Sercarz
- James Briscione — Culinary Creativity: Why Pairings That Shouldn’t Make Sense Do
ICE is also hosting the IACP Culinary Trust’s Taste & Toast gala at Brookfield Place on Saturday night — an evening featuring demonstrations, tastings, drinks and delicious dishes from world-renowned chefs.
Find your culinary voice at ICE — learn more about our award-winning career programs.