Save Those Turkey Scraps: Thanksgiving Leftovers Grilled Cheese
Last year, ICE Director of Culinary Research James Briscione wow’ed us with three brilliant recipes for leftover turkey. So, of course, this year we came back for more. Grab a wedge of brie, a bag of cranberries and those prized turkey scraps. This is one grilled cheese you don’t want to miss.
*Note: This recipe includes instructions to make cranberry chutney from scratch, but if you still have leftover cranberry sauce from your holiday dinner, lucky you!
- Our leftover strategy doesn't stop at sandwiches. Give that sweet potato casserole a second life with a recipe for sweet potato doughnuts.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Grilled Cheese
- Cranberry Chutney
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen cranberries
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cooked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 2-3 thin slices of brie cheese
- 2 slices Pullman loaf or 7-grain bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- Combine the cranberries, ginger, cinnamon, and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium flame. Cook until very thick, 30-40 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Butter the outside of two slices of bread, and spread the cranberry chutney on the insides. Layer the turkey and cheese between the slices, then press them together and fry on a griddle over medium-high heat until golden brown.
Learn more about ICE's award-winning career programs.