Recipe: Waffles for Mother’s Day
Mother's Day Waffles
Makes 4 to 6 waffles
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1/2 ounce baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 fluid ounces milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the milk, egg yolks, and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk and egg mixture. Lightly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring until just combined.
- Preheat a waffle iron. Whip the egg whites to soft peaks and fold the egg whites into the batter in two additions. Ladle the batter onto the waffle iron. Close the top and cook until the waffles are crisp, golden and cooked completely through.