Plating Palate: Strawberry-Cashew Raw Cheesecake
Desserts, in general, tend to benefit from a few different garnishes. To plate this Strawberry-Cashew Raw Cheesecake, I used small basil leaves, edible flowers, roasted pistachios, strawberry pieces, whipped coconut cream, freeze dried strawberry powder and strawberry sauce.
For the Strawberry Cashew Cheesecake:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup warmed coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon strawberry extrac
- t 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries, ground
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Strawberry Sauce:
- 1 package (about 14 oz.) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 (14 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk, chilled upside-down overnight
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped For the Garnishes:
- 1 handful edible flowers
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries, ground
- Dehydrated lemon slices
- 1 handful small basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced.
To make strawberry cashew cheesecake:
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews.
- In a high speed blender, combine cashews, water, maple syrup, coconut oil, extracts, lemon juice, freeze dried strawberries and sea salt.
- Blend until smooth and thick.
- Pour into a shallow 12x12 pan.
- Chill in the freezer until firm, about 1 hour.
- Using a 1-inch round cookie cutter, cut out cheesecake circles.
To make strawberry sauce:
- In a high speed blender, blend strawberries and maple syrup until smooth.
- If a thicker consistency is desired, reduce sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
To make whipped coconut cream:
- Remove layer of cream from coconut milk can, leaving the water behind.
- Using a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form, about 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in the scraped vanilla bean and chill until ready to use.
This post was originally published by the Natural Gourmet Institute. Learn more about today's Natural Gourmet Center.