ICE and American Express Present: Building Your Marketing Plan
Afraid your food business is getting lost in the mix? Discover your “niche,” learn to build buzz and boost brand recognition with the "Building Your Marketing Plan" video in ICE and American Express’s four-part Restaurant Success Series.
From exploring local advertising to increasing your online presence, learn how having the right marketing tools will set your business apart from the rest.
To help you build your food business’ marketing plan, Lori Greene, digital media expert and Director of Content for ad agency Maxus Global, shares some of her top tips on using social media to build your brand:
- Know your audience. Concentrate on the social media platforms used most by your target customers:
- Facebook – all demographics
- Twitter – 18-49 years old, live in urban and suburban areas
- Pinterest – women under 50
- Instagram – 18-29 years old, mostly female
- YouTube – all demographics
- Listen to what people are saying on your social media platforms, and be sure to respond. Social media—at its best—is a conversation and way to engage with your customers. It's not meant to be a monologue.
- Consider advertising on social media. It can be targeted to your key customers and may prove to be very cost effective.
- Build a community of people who care about what you have to say. Post useful and relevant content that will appeal to your audience.
- Measure what you’re doing and repeat what’s working:
- Conversation rate – Are people talking about your posts? What are they saying?
- Applause rate – How many people like what you post?
- Amplification rate – How many people are sharing your posts on their profiles?
- Economic value – Are people coming into the restaurant because of your social promotions?
Interesting in unlocking more marketing secrets? Learn from expert industry consultants.