Chef Kelvin's Pescado en Coco
A Caribbean fish in coconut recipe using red snapper.
Chef Kelvin Fernandez taught Chef Palak Patel how to make Caribbean pescado en coco with red snapper on Instagram Live today. Here's the complete recipe and video.
Pescado en Coco
- 1 red snapper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Serve with white rice
- 1 part rice
- 2 parts liquid
- Bring seasoned liquid to a boil and add salt and bay leaf.
- Add rice, stir and cover. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes and then stir and let sit.
- Season snapper skin with salt and pepper.
- Julienne the yellow pepper and white onion.
- Cook the red snapper skin-side down for 3 minutes until nice and crispy. Turn over and remove.
- Add onions and sweat out until soft.
- Add yellow pepper and cook until soft.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- After the coconut sauce reduces by half, add the snapper.
- Once the snapper is cooked and tender, turn off heat and add cilantro.
- Serve the rice in the center, add snapper on top followed by sauce around the plate.
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes if available.