DIY Peanut Butter Cups
Make your own Halloween candy with our chocolate peanut butter cup recipe.
Who says trick-or-treating candy can't be homemade?
Get in the spirit of the season with this chocolate recipe, perfect for a family-friendly weekend activity or Halloween party dessert. Chef Tracy makes hers a little more mystical by brushing gold luster dust on top.
"I love to make any kind of treat that brings you back to your childhood," she says. "I like to recreate those flavors using high-quality ingredients. When you make your own candy, you know exactly what is in it."
Here's her recipe to sweeten Halloween candy season.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
For the peanut butter filling:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 7 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Candy cups
- 1 pound dark or milk chocolate, tempered
- Lay out candy cups on a half sheet tray. Set aside.
- Place cream and light corn syrup in a small pot. Bring to a boil and turn off heat.
- Using a rubber spatula, add the cream to the melted white chocolate.
- Add peanut butter and salt and mix until smooth. Place this mixture into a pastry bag and set aside until chocolate is tempered and ready to fill cups.
- Fill bottom of paper cups with tempered chocolate, about 1/4 of the way up.
- Using a pastry bag, fill the paper cups with peanut butter filling, about 2/3 of the way up.
- Top each cup with tempered chocolate, allow the chocolate to set and the top and bottom to seal.