Hailing from the Culinary and Hospitality Management programs, the students were given the unique opportunity to train with Anthony Caporale, renown beverage expert and ICE Mixologist and Beverage Instructor.
Barclay Bar, the first Calvados bar in the country, boasting more than thirty types of this traditional French brandy. From cream to chocolate, Thai basil to jalapenos, the range of cocktails presented by the students truly demonstrated the spirit's fruit-driven versatility. Professionals from the New York Chapter of the US Bartenders' Guild competed alongside the students, vying for the chance to compete in the Calvados Cocktail finals this April in Normandy, France.
Culinary Management student Craig Joseph took home the prize with "The Normandy". We look forward to seeing Craig at the finals in France and congratulate all the competitors on their impressive bartending skills!
- In a mixing glass, muddle: 2 pieces of fresh peeled Ginger1 strip of fresh Orange Zest3.5 cl Sweetened Fresh Lemon Juice1.5 cl Cherry Bitters0.1 cl Cinnamon (powdered)
- Fill mixing glass with ice and add 6 cl Calvados.
- Shake until the tin is frosted.
- Double-strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and peeled ginger slice.