Vegetarian Sides for Your Thanksgiving Table
With Thanksgiving around the corner, many of us are planning menus, making grocery lists and starting to buy some staples.
As with many of our holidays, Thanksgiving is about family and friends, and of course food. When we spend time with loved ones in an intimate setting, it reminds us of the importance of community while enjoying food that nourishes our bodies. We’ve rounded up our favorite vegetarian side dishes to share with your loved ones this Thanksgiving holiday.
- Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower and Mushroom Sautee with Fresh Herbs: Brighten your favorite seasonal veggies with fresh oregano and parsley.
- Sweet and Sour Green Beans: Give this classic dish a flavorful, fun twist with agave syrup and white wine vinegar.
- Herbed Sourdough Stuffing with Mushrooms and Chestnuts: Many stuffing recipes are not vegetarian-friendly. Try this vegan version with two types of mushrooms, fresh herbs, and roasted chestnuts to give it a savory depth of flavor.
- Yam Casserole: Skip the mashed potatoes and make this warming, sweet and savory dish.
- Celery Tarragon: With just a few ingredients, transform celery into a delicious, umami-rich masterpiece.
- Leek Pie: This dish takes some time and patience, but your vegetarian guests will be thanking you once they take a bite.
- Watercress and Radish Salad: Bring this lighter dish to your Thanksgiving table to balance out the heavier dishes.
This post was originally published by the Natural Gourmet Institute. Learn more about today's Natural Gourmet Center.