Recipe: Snow-Based Cocktails
It's been a long winter, and most of us have lost our enthusiasm for the snow. To make the last stretch before spring a little more bearable, we asked ICE Chef Instructor Jenny McCoy to share some of her signature snow cocktail recipes. Armed with these recipes, you might actually find yourself eager for the next snowfall.
- 4 tablespoons mild honey
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup bourbon, chilled
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, frozen
- 2 cups snow
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Place 1 cinnamon stick in each of four glasses. Pour 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon hot water in each of the glasses, and stir with cinnamon stick until dissolved.
- Combine bourbon and lemon juice and stir to combine and divide among glasses. Top with snow and stir with cinnamon stick just to combine. Serve immediately.
- Kosher salt, for rimming glass
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, frozen
- 1 cup tequila blanco (100% agave silver), chilled
- 1/4 cup Cointreau, chilled
- 4 cup snow
- 4 Lime wedges, to garnish
- Dip rim of 4 glasses in water, then dip in salt to rim. Stir lime juice, tequila, and Cointreau in glass top with snow, and stir just to combine. Divide among glasses, garnish with lime wedge, and serve immediately.
- 20 large frozen strawberries
- 2 large sprig mint, stem removed
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice, frozen
- 8 ounces light rum, chilled
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 4 cups snow
- Mint sprig to garnish
- Combine strawberries, mint leaves, lime juice, rum, and sugar in blender and puree until slushy. Pour into large glass, top with snow, and stir just to combine. Divide among 4 glasses, garnish with mint sprig, Serve immediately.
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut, chilled
- 1 cup light rum, chilled
- 4 cups snow
- 4 fresh pineapple spears, for garnish
- Combine pineapple, cream of coconut, rum, and sugar in blender and puree until slushy. Pour into 4 large glasses, top with snow, and stir just to combine. Garnish with pineapple spear and serve immediately.