Inside ICC: Creating Heart Sablée Cookies with Chef Jurgen David
In a brand new video, we get you geared up for Valentine’s Day 2017 with Senior Coordinator of Pastry Arts, Chef Jurgen David. Watch as Chef Jurgen elevates an average vanilla sablée cookie recipe into a festive edible arrangement sweet enough for your sweetheart. Follow his recipe below and watch along!
Recipe: Vanilla Sablée Dough
Yield: 615 g
- 270 g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 225 g butter, room temperature
- 100 g sugar
- 20 g egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Vanilla Sablée Dough
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Slowly, add the egg and then milk. Mix to combine, making sure to scrape between additions.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl all at once, then mix on low speed until just combined.
- Wrap dough well in plastic wrap and chill before rolling.
- The dough can be stored for 3-4 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
This blog post was originally published by the International Culinary Center (ICC), founded as The French Culinary Institute (FCI). In 2020, ICE and ICC came together on one strong and dynamic national platform at ICE's campuses in New York City and Los Angeles. Explore your culinary education where the legacy lives on.