Meet Your Future Employer: 2019 Fall Career Fair
All chefs get their start somewhere. This fall, meet your future employer and amp up your networking skills! ICC’s Career Fairs, held twice a year, allow current students & alumni to meet some of the most well-known restaurants and restaurant groups in NYC, coming specifically to ICC to meet YOU. From fine dining to fast casual, catering, bakeries and more, there is something for everyone and every career path!
But, before you head to career fair to show you’ve got the chops, check out these tips from our Career Services team to make the most of meeting employers!
- After you set up an appointment with Career Services to have your resume reviewed, be sure to print out at least 25 copies! While you might not hand them all out, there are plenty of employers to network with and it’s better to have too many than not enough.
- Do your homework on the companies & employers in attendance — that way, you can ask pertinent questions to the recruiter or chef, rather than asking a basic question like “What do you do at your company?”
- Appear alert & enthusiastic. Shake their hand, introduce yourself and say what program you are from. Remember: The most important quality an employer looks for is a great attitude!
Get the full list of tips, commonly asked questions and more by logging into your my.internationalculinary.com account and heading to the Career Fair section!
Thursday, September 12th | 3:00pm-4:30pm
International Culinary Center
28 Crosby St | New York, NY 10013
*OPEN TO ICC STUDENTS & ALUMNI ONLY*
Email email@example.com with inquiries
Below is the full list of employers, but be sure to visit the ICC Community page at my.internationalculinary.com for more information and for any updates to the employer list.
- ABC Restaurants
- Abigail Kirsch
- Bastianich & Bastianich
- Blue Apron
- Blue Hill/Blue Hill At Stone Barns
- Bold Food Group
- Breads Bakery
- Choc o Pain
- Club Med Resorts
- Crafted Hospitality
- Crown Shy
- Harvest Restaurant Group
- James Beard Foundation
- Loring Place
- Major Food Group
- Mercer Kitchen
- NoHo Hospitality Group
- Padoca Bakery
- Quality Branded
- STARR Restaurants
- The Center For Discovery
- The Culinistas
- The Standard
- Thomas Keller
- Union Square Hospitality Group
- Vice Media/Munchies
- WS New York
- Martha & Marley Spoon
- Miason Kayser
- Soho House
This blog post was originally published by the International Culinary Center (ICC), founded as The French Culinary Institute (FCI). In 2020, ICE and ICC came together on one strong and dynamic national platform at ICE's campuses in New York City and Los Angeles. Explore your culinary education where the legacy lives on.