Recipe: Creating Gingersnap Cookies with a Vitamix
The holidays aren’t complete without these ginger-spiced favorites! Here’s a tip: Make two batches and keep one of yourself!
Gingersnap Cookies Made with a Vitamix
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (115 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Winter Spice Seasoning
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60 ml) molasses
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- ¾ cup (165 g) butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine flours, ginger, baking soda, and Winter Spice Seasoning. Set aside.
- Place egg, molasses, sugar, and butter into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add the liquid mixture from the Vitamix container to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop dough and roll into 1-inch balls between your hands.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked.
This recipe was originally published by the International Culinary Center (ICC), founded as The French Culinary Institute (FCI). In 2020, ICE and ICC came together on one strong and dynamic national platform at ICE's campuses in New York City and Los Angeles. Explore your culinary education where the legacy lives on.