Discover the No. 1 Ranked Culinary School in America*
Find Your Culinary Voice
In eight to 12 months, a life change can happen — that’s how long it takes to earn a diploma at the Institute of Culinary Education. We have award-winning alumni thriving across the culinary industry — from restaurants and bakeries, to catering, food media, hotels, test kitchens and more!
Begin your journey today…
ICE has launched over 18,000 culinary careers. Yours should be next!
- Ranked “No. 1 Culinary School in America”
- Campuses in New York City and Los Angeles, the nation’s culinary capitals
- Chef-instructors from top restaurants and food businesses
- Management training for restaurant operators and aspiring entrepreneurs
- Hospitality management training for hotel careers
- Hands-on externships and networking opportunities
- Stellar job placement services and on-going alumni support
- Our Student Housing program offers options for dorms, co-living spaces, apartments and homestays
Dual Diploma Opportunity
- ICE’s programs and schedules are designed to accommodate students studying Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts or Plant-Based Culinary Arts (formerly known as Health-Supportive Culinary Arts) at the same time as Restaurant & Culinary Management — with a valuable tuition incentive — for those aspiring to own, operate or manage a food business.
Our New York City campus offers advanced opportunities for creativity and community:
- The nation’s first education-focused bean-to-bar Chocolate Lab
- An indoor hydroponic herb garden and vegetable farm
- A Culinary Technology Lab outfitted with a tandoor, hearth oven, vertical rotisserie and cutting-edge modernist equipment
- Digital course materials.
Our Los Angeles campus offers a local, vibrant food scene that thrives on innovation:
- Opened in March 2018 and offers the same six- to 12-month Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Plant-Based Culinary Arts, and Restaurant & Culinary Management programs
- Globally inspired curriculum that reflects the local culture, diversity and flavor of the Los Angeles food scene
- Option to attend school in Los Angeles and extern in New York City or vice versa