Pursue a Creative Pastry Career
Discover the No. 1 Ranked Culinary School in America*
In 8-12 months, a life change can happen — that’s how long it takes to earn a Pastry & Baking Arts diploma at the Institute of Culinary Education. ICE’s alumni are thriving in every facet of the culinary field — from restaurants and bakeries, to custom cake businesses, French patisseries and parlours, ice cream and chocolate concepts, and more!
Request Information About Our Pastry Program
Combine Art, Science and Technique
- Craft a range of pastries, cookies, plated desserts, bread, cake and chocolate.
- Practice making dough-based products, from strudels and tarts to puff pastries.
- Prepare yeast-raised classics like bagels, brioche, pizza and baguettes.
- Study essential techniques, theories, ratios and formulas.
- Make fillings, fondant, icing and buttercream on your way to decorating a final cake with gum paste flowers, tier assembly and your own creativity.
Excellence at ICE
- Chef-instructors from prominent pastry positions and baking businesses.
- Culinary technology labs outfitted with a tandoor, hearth oven, vertical rotisserie and modernist equipment at each campus.
- Management training for bakery operators and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Hands-on externships and networking opportunities with 50+ placement sites.
- Stellar job placement services and ongoing alumni support.
Dual Diploma Opportunity
- ICE’s programs and schedules are designed to accommodate students studying Pastry & Baking Arts at the same time as Restaurant & Culinary Management — with a valuable tuition incentive — for those aspiring to own, operate or manage a pastry or baking business.
Our New York City campus offers advanced opportunities for creativity and community:
- Ranked the "No. 1 Culinary School in America"*
- The first education-focused bean-to-bar chocolate lab in the country.
- An indoor hydroponic garden growing herbs, edible flowers and more ingredients.
- Polyscience equipment for research and development.
- Digital course materials.
Our Los Angeles campus offers a local, vibrant food scene that thrives on innovation:
- Opened in March 2018, offering the same six- to 12-month Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, and Restaurant & Culinary Management programs. Named an ACCSC School of Excellence in 2019.
- Globally inspired curriculum that reflects the local culture, diversity and flavor of the Los Angeles food scene, featuring recipes from famous local chefs.
- Option to attend school in Los Angeles and extern in New York City or vice versa.