Welcome to the No. 1 Ranked Culinary School in America*
Find Your Culinary Voice
In 8-12 months, a life change can happen — that’s how long it takes to earn a Culinary Arts diploma at the Institute of Culinary Education. ICE’s award-winning alumni are thriving in every facet of the culinary field — from restaurants and test kitchens, to catering, cookbooks, food TV and more!
Request Information About Our Culinary Programs
Establish a Foundation and Explore Global Cuisines
- Start with knife skills, palate development and herb identification.
- Practice making stock, soups, sauces, reductions and emulsifications.
- Explore dry and moist heat methods, including braising, grilling and roasting.
- Get experience with ingredients, techniques and dishes from China, France, India, Italy, Japan, Spain and Thailand.
- Experiment with charcuterie, fermentation, plating and sous vide cooking.
Excellence at ICE
- Chef-instructors from prominent restaurants and food businesses.
- Culinary technology labs outfitted with a tandoor, hearth oven, vertical rotisserie and modernist equipment at each campus.
- Management training for restaurant operators and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Hands-on externships and networking opportunities with 50+ placement sites.
- Stellar job placement services and ongoing alumni support.
Dual Diploma Opportunity
- ICE’s programs and schedules are designed to accommodate students studying Culinary Arts at the same time as Restaurant & Culinary Management — with a valuable tuition incentive — for those aspiring to own, operate or manage a food business.
Our New York City campus offers advanced opportunities for creativity and community:
- Ranked the "No. 1 Culinary School in America"*
- The first education-focused bean-to-bar chocolate lab in the country.
- An indoor hydroponic garden growing herbs, edible flowers and more ingredients.
- Polyscience equipment for research and development.
- Digital course materials.
Our Los Angeles campus offers a local, vibrant food scene that thrives on innovation:
- Opened in March 2018 and offers the same six- to 12-month Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Plant-Based Culinary Arts (formerly known as Health-Supportive Culinary Arts), and Restaurant & Culinary Management programs.
- Globally inspired curriculum that reflects the local culture, diversity and flavor of the Los Angeles food scene, featuring recipes from famous local chefs.
- Option to attend school in Los Angeles and extern in New York City or vice versa.