Pursue Your Dream Career in Cake Decorating
Welcome to the No. 1 Ranked Culinary School in America*
Study cake design from around the world and contemporary cake decorating, from the basics of piping to advanced sugarwork, hand-sculpting and painting, airbrushing and novelty cakes.
Elevate your future cakes...
Blossom from technician to artisan with hands-on guidance.
- Study curriculum designed by Toba Garrett, one of the country’s most notable authors, instructors and practitioners of the art of cake design.
- Take classes with experienced custom cake designers Kathryn Gordon, Vilna Peters, Penny Stankiewicz and Elissa Strauss.
- Perfect your butter cream piping, from florals and bows to basket weave and cake borders.
- Work with royal icing, rolled fondant and pastillage, practicing flowers, lace, embroidery and string work.
- Roll fondant for ruffles and ribbons, hand model marzipan, and use various mediums to advance alphabetic hand writing.
- Create a three-tiered final cake showcasing your advanced skills alongside cookies and cupcakes.
- Graduates of the program have gone on to win gold medals at competitions and cake shows, compete on food TV series and open custom bakeries.
Continuing Education Courses
- The Art of Cake Decorating meets in the afternoons for 12 weeks or on weekends for 20 weeks and concludes with a certificate.
- ICE career program students and graduates receive a 15% discount on enrollment in the cake program.
- Small class sizes ensure individual guidance from our chef-instructors.
- Cake students are eligible for a dual diploma discount when enrolling in Restaurant & Culinary Management.
Our New York City campus offers advanced opportunities for creativity and community:
- Ranked the "No. 1 Culinary School in America"*
- Pastry kitchens boast three-tiered steam-injected bread ovens and industrial mixers for production-level baking.
- The nation’s first education-focused bean-to-bar chocolate lab.
- An indoor hydroponic herb garden and vegetable farm.
- A culinary technology lab outfitted with a tandoor, hearth oven, vertical rotisserie and cutting-edge modernist equipment.
- Digital course materials.