Restaurant & Culinary Management Instructor
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
ICE is seeking instructors for its Restaurant & Culinary Management Diploma program at its New York Campus. The Restaurant & Culinary Management Instructor will be responsible for teaching classes in conformity with ICE curriculum.
This is a lead instructor position. We will also accept resumes for part time instructors.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver clear, concise and organized lectures as required by the curriculum.
- Assess student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations.
- Maintain a positive, focused learning environment during class.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Attend meetings and faculty orientation as required.
- Track best practices, monitor industry trends and make recommendations for growth.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in culinary and/or restaurant management field is required.
- Restaurant management or culinary degree preferred, but not required.
- Must have knowledge of restaurant management, marketing, purchasing and culinary arts (or any combination thereof).
- Teaching or related field experience is a plus.
- Flexible schedule (weekends and evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with others.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with staff and student population.
Forward resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking In 2015, ICE built and moved to a new flagship 75,000 sq. ft. location in lower Manhattan, NY, in Brookfield Place. In fall 2016, DailyMeal.com ranked ICE the “#1 culinary school in the nation”. The foundation of ICE is its four Career Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hotel & Hospitality Management. ICE’s programs are intensive, sophisticated and, as a diploma, can be completed in 8-12 months. In addition to diploma programs, ICE NY offers a vast menu of recreational courses for the public, and a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In fall 2017, ICE signed a lease to open in the spring of 2018 a branch campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, CA. For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.