Culinary Arts and Pastry & Baking Arts
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE), NYC’s top-rated culinary school, is seeking full- and part-time Chef-Instructors to expertly train students in theory, practice and art of cooking and baking — skills which can be applied to a broad range of career paths. As a key member of the faculty, you will facilitate learning and evaluate students using ICE’s award-winning curriculum, and you will leverage your professional experience to proactively support students in the pursuit of their goals.
If you are looking to share your talent, skills and industry excellence to help create the next generation of chefs, this is the opportunity for you. We are passionate, disciplined and foster an environment of excellence. We support and reward creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun, and eat well, in the process!
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage ICE’s curriculum to prepare relevant, insightful, clear and engaging in-classroom lectures
- Expertly demonstrate curriculum-based techniques and concepts
- Engage and communicate with students to encourage their course participation and learning while maintaining a positive, respectful environment.
- Assess student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations.
- Relate professional/life/industry experience to learning through the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities;
- Assure classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Attend meetings and faculty orientation as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Culinary diploma or evidence of formal Culinary Education.
- Minimum of four (4) years of culinary experience with some supervisory responsibilities.
- Flexible schedule (including weekends and evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules.
- Fine dining experience preferred.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Chef-Instructor.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and the largest culinary institute in New York City and Los Angeles. In 2015, ICE built and moved to a new flagship 75,000 sq. ft. location in lower Manhattan, NY. ICE has been ranked the “#1 Culinary School in America” by USA Today, 2019 and DailyMeal.com, 2016. The foundation of ICE is its five Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, Hotel & Hospitality Management and Health-Supportive Culinary Arts. ICE’s programs are intensive, sophisticated and, as a diploma, can be completed in 8-12 months. In addition to career programs, ICE NYC offers a vast menu of recreational courses for the public, and a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In the spring of 2018, ICE opened a branch campus in Pasadena, CA. In the summer or 2020, ICE licensed the assets of the former French Culinary Institute. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
ICE is an Equal Opportunity Employer