Have an interest in the world of food: from top chefs and restaurants to the art and creativity of cooking? Do you enjoy immersing yourself in all facets of the culinary world— the people, places, ingredients, food photography, and the business and history of food? Are you passionate about journalism with a proven track record of writing eye-catching headlines and content for a major publication?
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is looking for a full-time Content Manager to oversee the development and execution of engaging written content for our website, blog, email and digital channels. You’ll develop editorial and promotional copy—as well as attention-grabbing headlines—and choose topics from among the thousands of events and happenings at ICE each year. Your work will attract and engage ICE’s unique audience in the center of the food world; and then, you’ll reflect on it and strategize and optimize with the marketing team.
Candidates must have a proven track of success in food writing and journalism. They must be self-motivated, organized, process-driven and have a sharp attention to detail. Personally and professionally, the ideal candidate is actively immersed in the food industry, and has a constant eye on news and trends in the world of chefs and restaurants as well as content marketing. The candidate should be a leader who can work closely with ICE’s marketing team to facilitate brand messaging for both traditional and digital/social media outlets—telling the hundreds of “stories” that ICE has to offer each year.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee editorial direction for the ICE website and blog. Responsibilities include planning and management of content, brainstorming and editing stories by contributors and overseeing quality control process for grammar/clarity of content.
• Serve as staff writer for ICE website and blog; covering special guests at ICE, alumni success stories, food trends, external industry events, and ICE’s contribution to the food world.
• Oversee the ICE content calendar: Serve as primary copywriter and editor for all public-facing ICE communications (including digital and traditional marketing channels).
• Draft promotional copy and headlines for blog posts, emails, social media, videos and various other print and digital assets.
• Collaborate with Social Media Manager and Public Relations Manager to develop comprehensive content strategy across ICE’s digital marketing platforms.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of 5-7 years of editorial and content experience, with a demonstrated, track record of success for reputable publications or relevant businesses.
• Experience writing in a variety of “voices” and platforms—from editorial to social to direct sales and advertorial.
• Knowledge of WordPress and social media platforms a must. Fast-adopter on content management systems (CMS).
• Experience writing for a variety of digital platforms a strong plus.
• Understanding of writing for SEO and syndication a strong plus.
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience, job knowledge and success.
• Demonstrated interest in and passion for the world of food, chefs, and restaurants.
To apply, please email email@example.com the following three items with the subject: Content Manager.
1) Resume clearly demonstrating your professional skill set, experience and interests.
2) A portfolio of recent published work that demonstrates tangible results in the food industry.
3) Salary requirements.
• Please do not apply directly through the job boards, we’d like you to apply directly.
• Only applicants that meet the position’s requirements and provide the three above items will be considered.
• Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the NYC area.
• We appreciate the interest, but phone or walk-in applications will not be accepted.
• Thank you, but no agency solicitations please.
The Content Manager will work with an outstanding management team and staff in an environment that supports and rewards creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun in the process!
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine program, offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. In 2015, ICE moved to a new 74,000-square-foot facility at 225 Liberty Street, regarded by many as the nation’s most impressive new addition to culinary education.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.