Social Media Manager
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is looking for a full-time Social Media Manager to manage its social media strategy and execute the tactics for one of the fastest-growing content platforms in food. You’ll be responsible for creating and distributing engaging, diverse content across platforms and driving the social conversation for the nation’s largest, independently owned culinary school - one that is a pillar of the New York City and Los Angeles food communities.
You manage, co-manage or play a significant role in social media for a culinary, food, beverage or hospitality brand with a proven track record of success. You live, sleep and breathe social media with an eye for capturing compelling creative with photography and videography. You enjoy immersing yourself in all facets of the culinary and hospitality world — people, places, ingredients, photography, and the business of food and hospitality. Just as importantly, you have your finger on the pulse of the rapidly evolving social media landscape. You are excited by new functionality, comfortable with it as a student and a teacher, and driven to measure its success. Last but not least, your portfolio demonstrates your tangible contributions to your brand’s social media growth and success, with strategy and tactics, leveraging a distinct voice and resonating with a relevant audience.
- Work alongside the Content Director to develop the social media strategy as a primary distribution channel for ICE’s robust content platform and manage all social media tactics that leverage ICE content, drive community engagement and ultimately increase key KPIs.
- Manage the social media budget, P&L and reporting; co-manage the digital agency.
- Capture quantitative metrics and insights to identify success, divestment and opportunity for growth via actionable insights.
- Manage the social media content calendar, alongside the Content Director and Public Relations Director, to contribute to a comprehensive content strategy that leverages all marketing channels.
- Listen, publish and learn: Be a voice of the brand by carefully listening to your audience and the industry, capturing scroll-stopping creative, distributing engaging content and measuring how it resonates.
- Make it beautiful. Celebrate food through beautiful video and photo imagery, as well as copy that comes from the creative ICE community.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest food, hospitality and social media trends to maximize ICE’s impact on the social landscape and continue its rapid growth.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in a related field or a degree and a demonstrated success track in the field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing social media or relevant, digital marketing experience across social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Expert-level knowledge and practice of organic social media and reporting. Working knowledge of paid social media tactics and advertising tools strongly desired.
- Experience using social media management and analytical tools (Salesforce, Hootsuite or the like) for listening, scheduling, engaging and reporting.
- Data-driven and creative, with a desire to understand the “why” behind your results and a knack for crafting thumb-stopping social content.
- Ability to communicate effectively, creatively and clearly, writing in a variety of personas and customizing your message by social platform.
- A keen eye for copy and editing, an understanding as to the role of the headline, SEO and visual design.
- Results-driven, organized and self-motivated, with strong organizational and time-management skills; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Solution-oriented, natural problem solver that can manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and have a sharp attention to detail.
- Photography, videography, Lightroom and/or Photoshop editing skills a strong plus.
To apply, please email email@example.com the following 3 items with the subject: Social Media Manager.
- Cover letter that must include your salary requirement
- Portfolio that clearly demonstrates your experience, skill set and tangible results with a brand’s voice and original creative in social media for a culinary, food, beverage or hospitality organization.
- Please do not apply directly through the job boards- mass resume submissions will not be considered.
- Only applicants that meet the position’s requirements and provide the above three items will be considered.
- Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the NYC area.
- We appreciate the interest, but phone or walk-in applications will not be accepted.
- Thank you, but no agency or recruiter solicitations please.
The Social Media Manager will work with an outstanding management team and staff in an environment that supports and rewards creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun in the process!
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hospitality & Hotel Management, in addition to professional development in Artisan Bread Baking and The Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts 400 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting-edge campus in New York City and its 38,000-square-foot Los Angeles campus were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. ICE continues to grow and evolve with the launch of its LA campus in 2018, the addition of the Natural Gourmet Center in 2019 and the agreement with the International Culinary Center in 2020. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: PLEASE REVIEW AND CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT NOTICE AVAILABLE HERE: ice.edu/applicantCCPAnotice