Social Media Manager
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is looking for a full-time Social Media Manager to manage its social media strategy and execute the tactics for one of the fastest growing content platforms in food. You’ll be responsible for creating and distributing engaging, cross-platform content and driving the social conversation for the nation’s largest, independently-owned culinary school- one that is a pillar of the New York City and Los Angeles food communities.
You manage, co-manage or play a significant role in social media for a culinary, food, beverage or hospitality brand with a proven track record of success. You live, sleep and breathe social media. You enjoy immersing yourself in all facets of the culinary and hospitality world — people, places, ingredients, photography, and the business of food and hospitality. But just as important, you also have your finger on the pulse of the rapidly-evolving social media landscape. To this regard, you are comfortable both as a teacher and a student and you never stop learning. Last but not least, you can easily point to your tangible contributions to your brand’s social media growth and success, in both strategy and tactics, to leverage your brand’s voice on social media.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Work alongside the CMO to develop the social media strategy and manage all social media tactics that leverage ICE content, drive community engagement and ultimately increase key KPIs.
- Manage the social media budget, P&L and reporting; co-manage the digital agency.
- Capture quantitative metrics and insights to identify success, divestment and opportunity for growth via actionable insights.
- Manage the social media content calendar, alongside the Content Director and Public Relations Director, to contribute to a comprehensive content strategy that leverages all marketing channels.
- Listen, publish and learn: Be a voice of the brand by carefully listening to your audience, distributing engaging content and measuring how it resonates with them.
- Make it beautiful. Celebrate food through beautiful video and photo imagery, as well as copy that comes from the creative ICE community.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest food, hospitality and social media trends to maximize ICE’s impact in the social landscape and continue its rapid growth.
Experience, Education & Requirements:
- Degree in a related field or a degree and a demonstrated success track in the field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing social media or relevant, digital marketing experience across social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+.
- Expert-level knowledge and practice of organic social media and reporting. Working knowledge of paid social media tactics and advertising tools also strongly desired.
- Experience using social media management and analytical tools (Salesforce, Hootsuite, or the like) for listening, scheduling, engaging, and reporting.
- Data-driven and creative, with a desire to understand the “why” behind your results, and a knack for crafting thumb-stopping social content.
- Ability to communicate effectively, creatively and clearly, writing in a variety of personas and personalizing your message by social platform.
- A keen eye for copy and editing, an understanding as to the role of the headline, SEO and visual design.
- Results-driven, organized and self-motivated, with strong organizational and time-management skills; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Solution-oriented, natural problem solver that can manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and have a sharp attention to detail.
- Photography, videography, Lightroom and/or Photoshop editing skills a strong plus.
To apply, please email email@example.com the following 3 items with the subject: Social Media Manager.
- Cover letter that must include your salary requirement
- Portfolio that clearly demonstrates your experience, skill set and tangible results with a brand’s voice in social media for a culinary, food, beverage or hospitality organization.
- Please do not apply directly through the job boards- mass resume submissions will not be considered.
- Only applicants that meet the position’s requirements and provide the above three items will be considered.
- Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the NYC area.
The Social Media Manager will work with an outstanding management team and staff in an environment that supports and rewards creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun in the process!
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking, the Art of Cake Decorating and Professional Beverage Studies — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.