What to Know Amid COVID-19
The Institute of Culinary Education's top priority is the health and safety of our students, instructors, faculty and community. Both campuses have implemented quarantine policies ahead of holiday travel.
We are closely monitoring and adhering to guidance from the CDC, New York State Department of Health, New York State Education Department, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and California Department of Education regarding COVID-19.
This is a fluid situation and we encourage you to visit this page and check weekly student and alumni emails for the latest updates.
Class and Events Updates:
- Our New York campus resumed career classes on Tuesday, Aug. 11. ICE's management classes continue online, and students can follow updates via email.
- While Mayor DiBlasio announced that New York City's K-12 schools will close and convert to online classes, this does not apply to ICE, which is in a different category (trade schools). Classes will continue to be held on campus as normally scheduled.
- Our Los Angeles campus reopened to current students on Tuesday, June 30, and to new students on Monday, July 6. Read more here.
- Students and staff traveling outside California or New York (excluding states bordering New York: NJ, CT, PA and VT) must quarantine upon return. There are two options: testing negative within three days prior to re-entering your state, quarantining for three days upon arrival, and testing negative again on the fourth day; or quarantining for 14 days upon your return to your state. For more information visit cdph.ca.gov or coronavirus.health.ny.gov.
- Our Open House events continue virtually on Zoom! See upcoming dates for Los Angeles and New York.
- New York City recreational classes continue online. See upcoming virtual classes here.
- Career fairs are postponed.
- The NYC campus commencement ceremony on May 12 is postponed until further notice.
- The L.A. campus commencement ceremony on June 1 is postponed until further notice.
Official COVID-19 Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus Information
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- L.A. County Department of Public Health
Students at our New York campus can text COVID to 692-692 for updates on the latest developments from the City of New York. Students at our Los Angeles campus can text READY to 888-777 for emergency alerts. Our Emergency Preparedness Team will continue to update our community.