What to Know Amid COVID-19
The Institute of Culinary Education's top priority is the health and safety of our students, instructors, faculty and community.
We are closely monitoring and adhering to guidance from the CDC, New York State Department of Health, New York State Education Department, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and California Department of Education regarding COVID-19.
This is a fluid situation and we encourage you to visit this page and check weekly student and alumni emails for the latest updates.
Class and Events Updates:
- Our New York campus resumed career classes on Tuesday, Aug. 11. ICE's management classes continue online, and students can follow updates via email.
- Our Los Angeles campus reopened to current students on Tuesday, June 30, and to new students on Monday, July 6. Read more here.
- Our Open House events continue virtually on Zoom! See upcoming dates for Los Angeles and New York.
- New York City recreational classes are not being held on our campus until further notice from city officials. Free online recreational classes are available here.
- Career fairs are postponed.
- The NYC campus commencement ceremony on May 12 is postponed until further notice.
- The L.A. campus commencement ceremony on June 1 is postponed until further notice.
Official COVID-19 Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus Information
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- L.A. County Department of Public Health
Students at our New York campus can text COVID to 692-692 for updates on the latest developments from the City of New York. Students at our Los Angeles campus can text READY to 888-777 for emergency alerts. Our Emergency Preparedness Team will continue to update our community.