The Institute of Culinary Education's top priority is the health and safety of our students, instructors, faculty and community.
We are closely monitoring and adhering to guidance from the CDC, New York State Department of Health, New York State Education Department, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and California Department of Education regarding COVID-19. Both campuses have updated our safety protocols, effective July 1, 2021.
This is a fluid situation and we encourage you to visit this page and check weekly student and alumni emails for the latest updates.
Class and Events Updates:
- Our New York campus resumed career classes on August 11, 2020, and classes continue in-person on campus.
- Our New York campus opens to the public on July 6, 2021, resuming in-person recreational classes and special events.
- Our Los Angeles campus reopened to career students on July 6, 2020 and reopens to the public on July 12. Read more here.
- Our Open House events continue virtually on Zoom! See upcoming dates for Los Angeles and New York.
- Our next New York campus Career Fairs is scheduled for September 22. Students can expect details in the student email.
- Both campuses hosted a virtual commencement ceremony in June 2021. You can view the recordings on our YouTube.
Official COVID-19 Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus Information
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- L.A. County Department of Public Health
Students at our New York campus can text COVID to 692-692 for updates on the latest developments from the City of New York. Students at our Los Angeles campus can text READY to 888-777 for emergency alerts. Our Emergency Preparedness Team will continue to update our community.